We are hiring!
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, TN
Position Description: PT Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit ecumenical Christian organization founded on the belief that all of God’s people deserve a simple, decent affordable place to live. Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County TN has partnered with 81 qualified low-income families to build their hopes and dreams of homeownership.
A successful bookkeeper/admin assistant will: effectively and efficiently oversee Affiliate and ReStore financial operations ensuring timely data and reporting activities to management and provide detail oriented administrative support.
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and record daily Affiliate and ReStore business transactions
- Write checks, balance ledgers and/or reconcile accounts using Intuit QuickBooks
- Administer accounts payable, receivable and payroll.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports for management
- Adhere to established financial management and policy implementation
Operations and Administration
- Assist Affiliate and ReStore with administration to include mail, filing, and data management
- Aid in completing Habitat, State, and local financial and data reporting requirements
- Update Affiliate website, Facebook and Twitter
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries and assist with the homeowner application process
- Other administrative duties as required
- Preferred Associates in accounting/business administration
- Minimum 3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in understanding and analyzing financial statements, non-profit experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in Intuit QuickBooks
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Internet usage
- Must submit to and pass a criminal and sexual offender check
Time Requirements: 10-15 hours/week; Monday – Friday
Salary Range: $10-12 per hour depending on experience.
Announcement Closes: July 1, 2013
Desired Start Timeline: July 15, 2013
Email resume in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) to Shelby Logsdon, Executive Director at email@example.com
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 331
Clarksville TN 37041-0331