Serve Together in Ministry
We invite people of all faiths to join our mission to build and renovate simple, decent, affordable
The Theology of the Hammer has long been a way to heal divided communities. Habitat is a partnership founded on common ground— bridging theological differences by putting love into action. Everyone can use the hammer as an instrument to manifest God’s love. Habitat’s late founder, Millard Fuller, called this concept “the theology of the hammer.” “We may disagree on all sorts of other things,” said Fuller, “but we can agree on the idea of building homes with God’s people in need, and in doing so using biblical economics: no profit and no interest.” Habitat’s work as the common ground for an Interfaith effort benefits the entire community.
- First Baptist Church
- Hilldale United Methodist Church
- Sango United Methodist Church
- Grace United Methodist Church, Naperville IL
- Madison Street United Methodist Church
- Madison Street Church of Christ
- Montgomery County Laity Club
- Bethlehem United Methodist Church
- Cumberland Baptist Association
- Clarksville UMC Churches
- Faith Outreach Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Hilldale Church of Christ
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- Trinity Episcopal Church
Without the continuing prayers of millions of people, Habitat’s work could not continue.
Support Habitat Financially
- Include Habitat for Humanity in your mission work.
- Make regular donations or collect special Habitat offerings.
- Provide in-kind goods and services.
- Raise funds to build all or part of a house.
- Tithe. Set aside one-tenth of regular donations for Habitat projects.
- Make an online donation to Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, Tennessee.
- Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Serve on one of our committees!